Monday, May 14, 2012

You Don't have to be Rich...

Image Courtesy of For the Love of Money

I know I've mentioned a lot about my accomplishments, especially with my Growing Up post...and I haven't had to borrow money to do it.

You're probably wondering how I paid for it....No, I'm not rich. My parents haven't funded my adventures across the US.

The cool thing about engineering is that internships often pay you (Disclaimer: they don't always!).  My adventures in DC and Texas and New York were funded.  I'm not saying that I didn't "pay a dime" though...cuz I did.  My internships paid me/ paid for my plane tickets, and I used that to live/travel on.

However, you need to manage your money wisely. I've used most of my internship money to pay for school.  This means, no extravagant holidays/dinners...only modest ones :-) Honestly, school has been one of my largest expenses...and I've needed loans for it. But the way to get the paid internship is to pay for school. :-/

-Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment