Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wearing Shorts/Dresses

Image Courtesy of Zappos....I really like that dress, maybe I should get it.

The downside to getting a degree in engineering is the inability to wear shorts or dresses to school. Or having to over-analyze what you wear to school.

Maybe some of you are confused. As one of the very few females in engineering, I realized early on that I get....um...looked at....because I am female. Which is fine....but can I please wear my shorts/dresses in peace? My clothing isn't anything out of the ordinary on the UC Davis campus.

So here's my letter to the engineering boys:

Dear Boys,

Please don't act like you've never seen a girl before when I'm around. I see you everyday. I talk to you everyday.  Just today, I'm wearing a dress because I want to feel pretty and like a girl. Or I'm wearing shorts because it's 95 degrees outside, and I didn't want to bike in jeans. So please stop drooling. It's very obvious, and  it's really making me and my friends uncomfortable.

Thanks,
Serena

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA. This is beyond hilarious because it's really true. Well, in my experience with robotics competitions, anyways. Actually, it doesn't matter what you're wearing to a robotics competition; so long as you're a girl, the guys will be happy to talk to you. On one hand, it can be kind of creepy. On the other hand, it makes it easier for us girls to snoop around and do some scouting. Heh.

    ReplyDelete