Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Follow Directions

Can I just say that following directions is very importante? 


Following directions shows that you

  • care
  • are meticulous
  • think about the person reading the material.
I would argue it's one of the most important things...with EVERYTHING. It does not  matter how smart you are. 

The reason I bring this up: I applied for funding through the College of Engineering, and I was rewarded with a "thank you for following directions."  I can imagine that many other people did not. Did I mention that my funding got approved immediately? It might have been a consequence of me following the directions.

Here are consequences for not following directions:
  • Getting your application (job/scholarship/grant/etc.) thrown out immediately
  • Getting the reader angry and thereby creating a negative view toward you (which will cause your application to be thrown out)
  • Having to re-do the application...I hate doing things more than once...If you're going to do it, do it right the first time.
  • Being labeled as careless.
So as Nike says, "Just [following the directions]"...if you get my drift

-Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment