Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Nerd Moment: Wind Turbines

Last Friday, Nassim and I volunteered at a local 6th grade class to show them "science."  Guess what we did? We made "mini-explosions" (which was baking soda and vinegar in plastic baggies....you can guess what happened), and we did the lovely Mentos-and-Coke....errr...experiment :-)

On our way back, total nerd moment by my part.  I was driving, dumpty, dumpty, dum.... and then I said, "WIND TURBINE BLADES! WIND TURBINE BLADES!!!!"

Nassim was like, "What? Where? There? Here?" She hadn't seen them before, hehehe. Well, this is what they look like.


Yep...they're massive.  So if you see massive white fixtures like these....that's how big the blades are.


Sidenote: I had awesome tacos this weekend (seen below), and even gained some weight. Was it worth it? Heck yes. Now I gotta work out...haha


Totally off-topic. But you should still be jelly. :-D
-Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment