Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mentoring


Lately, I've been thinking of how to craft my graduate personal statements.  I often look over the past year, and tell myself, "Man, I haven't done anything!"

But the opposite is actually true.  This past year, I have ramped up my mentoring. I've started this blog, I've been involved with a few outreach/mentoring programs, and I started helping out with the 6th grade class I mentioned in my last post.

And you know what I've realized? There's more that can be done.  The number of mentors is like....non-existent. No wonder nobody knows what engineering is!

On that note: I've been talking with a few high schoolers, and they don't really know how the application process for college works.  So my next few posts will be regarding those questions (especially for those in California).

Let me know if you have any questions.
-Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment