Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just Do IT!

I've had a new philosophy lately: Don't NOT do something if other people aren't willing to go with you. 
I know that's a lot of negatives...But basically, if you wanna do something, do it! 


There have been too many instances where I miss out because one of my friends didn't want to go. 


And you know what? I've learned to become a much more independent, self-sustaining person because of it. 


What has this philosophy allowed me to do?

  • See an awesome modern dance show
  • Becomes an awesome modern dancer (haha, awesome, yeah right...)
  • Become a female engineer
  • Live in Dallas, Texas
  • See a bunch of movies and ballets (you don't talk during them anyway)
  • Obtain 6 letters of recommendation...and counting...
  • Learn about cool technologies (seminars and poster sessions)
  • Live, work, and play in Washington DC
  • Start a blog! 
  • Make new friends (I call them "bus friends."  I currently have about 4.)
This list can go on and on... Now that I think of it, most of these things are by myself. (I know that sounds really sad, but I've met a LOT of cool people on the way!) I would regret NOT doing these things. 

It takes a bold person to do these things...but being bold for the simple things will make it easier for the complicated ones...BE BOLD...BE AWESOME. (I'm behind you all the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment