I know that's a lot of negatives...But basically, if you wanna do something, do it!
There have been too many instances where I miss out because one of my friends didn't want to go.
And you know what? I've learned to become a much more independent, self-sustaining person because of it.
What has this philosophy allowed me to do?
- See an awesome modern dance show
- Becomes an awesome modern dancer (haha, awesome, yeah right...)
- Become a female engineer
- Live in Dallas, Texas
- See a bunch of movies and ballets (you don't talk during them anyway)
- Obtain 6 letters of recommendation...and counting...
- Learn about cool technologies (seminars and poster sessions)
- Live, work, and play in Washington DC
- Start a blog!
- Make new friends (I call them "bus friends." I currently have about 4.)
This list can go on and on... Now that I think of it, most of these things are by myself. (I know that sounds really sad, but I've met a LOT of cool people on the way!) I would regret NOT doing these things.
It takes a bold person to do these things...but being bold for the simple things will make it easier for the complicated ones...BE BOLD...BE AWESOME. (I'm behind you all the way!)